Making these Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits at home with sweet potato for dogs is so easy! They only have 5 ingredients and take just about 1 hour to make.
At Nummy Tum Tum, we’re fans of pure, simple ingredients to keep our furry friends healthy and satisfied. Adding these Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits to your pet’s diet adds essential vitamins and nutrients, like Vitamins A, C, and E, dietary fiber, niacin, folates, Vitamin B6, thiamine, and pantothenic acid. Sweet potatoes are also low in fat and rich in vitamins A, B6, C, calcium, potassium, and iron (each play a vital role in overall wellness). For example, vitamin A is essential for maintaining healthy eyes, muscles, nerves, and skin. And vitamin C is critical for a properly functioning immune system. Studies have found that dogs, just like humans, show greater resistance to disease and have a better chance of recovery from injuries or illness when supplemented with vitamin C.
It can help pets with a range of issues, from separation anxiety to upset stomachs and the “butt scoots.” You can feed them sweet potato in a variety of ways to keep it interesting! Use treat dispensers, lick mats, combine with dry food in a Kong toy, or freeze into shapes. You can also put it directly on dry food. How much sweet potato does your dog need each day? Generally, 1 tablespoon per 10 pounds of body weight is perfect. See our serving sizes chart to determine how fast your dog will go through a can or a case of our organic sweet potato pet food supplement.
Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
- 1 cup Nummy Tum Tum Sweet Potato
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and cinnamon.
- Fold in the sweet potato for dogs, applesauce, and eggs.
- Mix until combined, using your hands if necessary. This will be a fairly dry mix. Place the dough on a floured surface and roll it out to 1/2″ thickness.
- Cut out shapes and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until browned.
- Cool completely before serving.