We love including our pets in holiday celebrations–it’s just more fun that way! Here’s a pet-friendly pumpkin pie recipe for your pets that includes no added sugar and bakes up in bite-size portions. You can also sub our Nummy Tum-Tum Sweet Potato in for the Pumpkin, but dog owners should be aware if your dog is getting sweet potato from other sources, such as in their regular food. Dogs should only have around 1 tablespoon of Sweet potato per 10 pounds of body weight per day. Sweet potato is a common dog food ingredient, so always read the labels!
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup Nummy Tum Tum Organic Pumpkin
- Optional: Plain yogurt or plain whipped cream for topping
For the Crust:
- Mix together the oat flour and applesauce until a dough forms and divide into 24 equal pieces.
- Press each ball into mini muffin tin molds to form pie shells and bake for about 8 minutes, just until very lightly golden & let cool.
For the filling:
- Mash the banana well and mix together with pumpkin puree.
- Fill cooled pie shells with filling and top with yogurt or plain whipped cream